Recent Posts

Service poor at Caribbean Airlines - Letters - Jamaica Gleaner - Friday on Astini News

THE EDITOR, Sir:

The current policy of Caribbean Airlines deprives passengers of information concerning departure and arrival time of their aircraft, local and abroad.

On Monday, September 5, I arrived at Toronto Airport at 1 p.m. for a departure to Kingston at 3:15 p.m. on Caribbean Airlines flight 078. The ticket agent advised that the flight would be one hour late. I enquired if there was a telephone number, that I could have called for flight information. She said, "Yes, I could call the travel agent." I asked, "On a public holiday?" She just shrugged her shoulders.

The flight was eventually two hours late. Since the flight from Kingston to Toronto is four hours, they knew that the delay would have been two hours, and not one hour.

The flight notice board at Norman Manley International Airport continued to show the arrival time as 6:15 p.m. and was changed only after the flight arrived at 8:30 p.m.

It seems that the executives, trained for the jobs they now occupy, neglected good manners. I believe Miss Lou would approve my saying, "Cuffie now at the top." Dialect is often very descriptive.

KEITH HOBBINS

khobbins@cwjamaica.com

What's on Your Mind...