Recent Posts

Erin Andrews: College GameDay Offers Many Delights Including Andrews on Astini News

I hate to wake up early. I have always been late to bed, and even later to rise. However, I make an exception during a special time of the year, that would be college football season, and it's all thanks to Erin Andrews

The best coverage in the nation is set to go off once again. Erin Andrews leads off College GameDay on ESPNU at 9 a.m. ET. At 10 a.m., the usual suspects take over ESPN with coverage of all the best games in the nation. 

Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler and Desmond Howard will have their say, but not before we have our one marvelous hour with Andrews. 

We were granted a little taste of what to expect from Saturday's coverage. Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp sat down with Andrews to describe the pressure and jubilation of being the man in charge at Florida. 

It is a telling interview that is at the heart of why I love GameDay, and why Andrews is one of the best with the microphone. You can see a clip of the interview here. The rest will be shown on Saturday. 

We all love the commentary, opinions and bantering that goes on Saturday. The boys will be on their best loud behavior to start the season, I am sure. 

What sells the program for me is when we get insight into the players and coaches. GameDay offers a chance to get behind the scenes to establish things we may have only assumed, or unearth some things that will tie us closer to the games. 

Andrews serves as a catalyst of what I consider to be the best parts of GameDay. Her reporting is one thing, but I enjoy the interviews. She always asks the right question, and seems to get the best possible answers from men under pressure. 

College GameDay is back, and I have finally found what I love most about it. And it has everything to do with Erin Andrews. 

 

Follow gabezal on Twitter

What's on Your Mind...